OneUp Trader Review
Honesty matters. Integrity matters. It’s a line from a movie and holds especially true for companies in the finance sector.
Does the funded account provider OneUp Trader fully disclosure the requirements and details about their service? How do they compare regarding the level of transparency you see from other trading services?
In this OneUp Trader review, we’ll break down whether its services actually live up to its promises. We’ll cover all the important details and help you decide if a OneUp Trader Funded Account is right for you.
See Also: Best Funded Trader Program
What is OneUp Trader?
OneUp Trader is a prop firm offering a 1-step evaluation with funded accounts ranging from $25,000 to $250,000 for those who successfully complete the evaluation phase.
The main benefits include a 7-day free trial account, a no-daily drawdown policy and 24/7 customer support via live chat, email and phone.
🏆 Top Funded Trader Programs 🏆
|📈 Futures Trading||📈 Futures Trading||📈 Forex and CFDs|
|Market Leader Futures Segment||Unique Trader Career Path||Market Leader Forex Segment|
|Available in 140+ Countries||Available in 100+ Countries||Available in 180+ Countries|
|✅ Get 70% Off||✅ Get 20% Off||✅ Get Free Trial|
Products | Services | Costs
OneUp Trader has a single service: its funded trading account. Let’s take a closer look.
OneUp Trader Funded Trading Account
Systematically created and covering all the details in the process, a OneUp Trader Funded Account offers the ability to trade risk-free using the OneUp team’s capital.
But, before you can start, there are five steps to get approved:
Choose your account size and profit split
OneUp Trader offers account sizes ranging from $25,000 to $250,000, with a profit split of 90/10, where the trader keeps 90% of the profits on all accounts.
Benefits and requirements include:
- 6% profit target
- 6% trailing drawdown
- $0 daily loss limit
- Receive 100% of your first $10,000 in profits
- $100 account reset
Conversely, to receive a $25,000 funded account with an 90% profit split, you pay $125 per month. All of the benefits and requirements are the same as above, except here, you receive 100% of your first $10,000 in profits.
So what other perks are included?
- Plenty of funding sources over its vast funding network
- Zero monthly data fees for funded traders
- Unrestricted trading schedule where you can trade on your own time
Undoubtedly, One up trader has a lot to offer.
Prove you can manage your account
Step-2 is all about showcasing your trading skills. At the outset, OneUp’s team outlines a detailed list of requirements to ensure you have what it takes to succeed as a trader.
And what rules do you need to follow?
- You must participate in a minimum of 15 trading days excluding holidays and weekends
- You must only trade securities on OneUp’s permitted trading list
- You must close all trading positons by 3:15 CST
- You must adhere to the maximum positon sizes outlined in the funded account option you choose
- You must meet the required profit target outlined in the funded account option you choose
- You can’t exceed your daily loss limit or your positions may be flattened or halted until the following trading day
- You can’t allow your account balance to fall below the trailing drawdown limit
- You must demonstrate consistent results and have 3 days of trading profits that sum to at least 80% of your largest days trading profit
Choose your preferred trading platform
Sticking to its promise independent thought, OneUp Trader doesn’t require you to use its software or require any additional add-ons. While it recommends NinjaTrader as its go-to trading platform, you can choose from over 19 other options including Sierra Chart, R-Trader and Order Flow Trading.
Share, chat and analyze your strategy
After deciding which platform is right for you, the next step is to discuss your ideas with like-minded traders on the Social Dashboard. Here, you receive feedback from other OneUp members who help you reach your goals.
The dashboard is packed with plenty of great benefits:
- You can post, share and follow other traders in the community
- Gain access to multiple trading channels
- Participate in live community chat
What’s more, you also receive access to the latest news moving the market:
- Receive streaming quotes and industry news
- Receive the latest economic data
- Data on the latest market movers and shakers
- Live stream of financial news networks
Last, but definitely not least, is account analytics. Here, you receive detailed information about trading positons, account balances and overall profit and loss analysis.
Other benefits include:
- Advanced trading statistics
- Daily updates with detailed trade analysis
- Visual representation of in-depth statistics
- Metrics to help you reach your target goals
So you followed the rules and met the requirements. Time to get paid, right? Absolutely. Once you fulfill the obligations above, OneUp Trader guarantees you receive funding in the exact amount you specified otherwise they will refund 100% of your enrollment costs.
More importantly, with its quick start bonus you get to keep 100% of your first $10,000 in winnings, then 90% of profits.
Now if it’s that easy – are we bullish on OneUp Trader’s Funded Account?
OneUp Trader offers a Free 7-Day Trial where you get access to a $100,000 practice account and can test out all of the features the site has to offer. Everyone knows, a free trial speaks to authenticity and integrity of any service.
And given the upfront nature of OneUp’s business model, its free trial offers a great way to test the product risk-free. As well, the trial period will provide a clear sense of whether its social dashboard, news feed and analytics software can really make you a better trader.
Now what about cost?
Compared to many other funded account providers like Maverick Trading, OneUp’s pricing is very reasonable. At $125 a month for the 90% profit share option, you receive affordable access to capital.
And what about risk?
Remember, there is none. You’re trading with OneUp’s capital, so any losses are absorbed by the firm. Of course, it’s compensated by charging you the monthly fee, but you still have peace of mind knowing there is zero risk on the downside.
OneUp Trader Free Trial | Promo Code
To its credit, OneUp Trader offers a Free 7-Day Trial where you can test your strategy using a $100,000 practice account while at the same time enjoying full access to all of the platform’s features.
More importantly – by allowing trial access – it shows OneUp stands behind its service. And isn’t that the way it should be? As well, you can also follow the team on its OneUp Trader Facebook and OneUp Trader Twitter pages.
OneUp Trader Checklist
- Founded: Not listed
- Educators: Not listed
- Number of members: Not listed
- Company Address check: 1007 N. Orange St. 4th Floor, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
- Free trial: Free 7-Day Trial of the entire site which includes a $100,000 practice account
- Free resources: OneUp Trader Facebook, OneUp Trader Twitter
- Money back guarantees: 100% money back guarantee if OneUp Trader can’t fulfill funding
- Price level: $125 per month to $650 a month
- Transparency: Average
Who is OneUp Trader Best For?
OneUp Trader is beneficial for traders of all skill levels. Offering a great balance between price and value, its team provides education, trading resources and best of all – access to capital.
If you’re new to the trading game, you can benefit from its expert training as well as having zero downside risk in your account. As well, when considering the cost of buying portfolio protection, trading with OneUp’s capital is extremely beneficial.
OneUp Trader Review Summary
OneUp Trader provides a fair introduction into the world of funded accounts and outlines its five steps for funding eligibility and pricing. Still, other companies offer a better ratio between participation costs and funded account sizes.
As the Topstep review indicates, TopstepTrader is the market leader, and for $132/month, you can trade a $50,000 account while OneUp Trader only allows a $25,000 account for $125/month. Therefore it is most likely the best decision to either start with the OneUp Trader free trial, or use Topstep’s free trial instead.
Over 20 trade execution platforms like NinjaTrader, R|Trader, MultiCharts, and Bookmap, can be used during the funded trader account evaluation and when trading the funded account. Unfortunately, there is no clear statement available about how many traders got funded in the past. It would be good to find the full company information on their site to see who is behind this service.