We appreciate your visit to our website and thank you for your interest in our company, our products and our web pages. Protecting your privacy when using our web pages is important to us.
1) Basic Information on the Collection and Handling of Personal Data
1.2 When using the website of our company AlphaRank (haftungsbeschränkt) UG (haftungsbeschränkt) for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
Our visited website
Date and time at the moment of access
Amount of data sent in bytes
Source/reference from which you came to the page
Operating system used
IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
2) What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
2.1 When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number or other details to help you with your experience.
2.2 We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use Live Chat, open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
3) How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
4) How do we protect your information?
4.1 Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
4.2 Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses his information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we may use so-called cookies on various pages and similar tracking technologies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). You will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following sections.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
– Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
– Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
– Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
– Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
6) Transfer of Data
6.1 We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal date, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
7) Disclosure of Data for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
8) Processing of Data for the Purpose of Order Handling
The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery within the scope of contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We will pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the framework of payment processing, if this is necessary for payment handling. If payment service providers are used, we explicitly inform you of this below.
9) Use of Videos
Use of YouTube Videos
This website uses the YouTube embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider YouTube, headquartered in 901 Cherry Avenue San Bruno. California. United States.
To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback function of the video is started. When the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider sets “YouTube” cookies in order to collect information about user behavior. According to indications from YouTube, the use of those cookies is intended, among other things, to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them.
Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network “double click” is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyond our control.
10) Web Analysis Services
11) California Online Protection Act (CALOPPA)
We comply with the California Online Protection Act (CALOPPA). However, we do not honor “DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”). CNT is a preference you set in your browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
12) Fair Information Practices
12.1 In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action: Should a data breach occur we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
12.2 We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
13) CAN SPAM ACT
We comply with the CAN SPAM Act. The CAN SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial e-mails, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders. Send you additional information related to your product and/or service market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses. Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way. Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters. Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used. Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
14) Children’s Privacy
We do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
16) Information on Customer Rights according to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- You have the right to request that we stop transferring your personal information to third parties (right to opt out)
- You have the right to know which of your personal data we collect and how and why we use collected personal data collected (right to notice)
- You have the right to request that we disclose what personal data we have collected on you int the past twelve months (rights to disclosure)
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have collected on you in the past twelve months (right to deletion). There are certain exceptions to this deletion right, e.g. if the personal information is necessary for a business to detect security incidents, exercise free speech, engage in public or peer-reviewed studies or comply with legal obligations.
- If you decide to exercise your right to opt out of having transferred your personal information to third parties, you are protected by the CCPA rights from getting lower quality services or higher prices because of your decision to opt out.
You can contact us via our contact form.