TrendSpider takes charting, alerts and backtesting to a whole new level. They offer popular analysis tools like Fibonacci retracements. Innovative things like raindrop charts are also available.
In this TrendSpider review, we will breakdown the pros and cons and review TrendSpider from A to Z. You will also get access to exclusive TrenSpider offers like a 15% TrendSpider coupon and a free trial. Let's figure out if TS is one of the best stock screeners available.
Transparency: When you buy certain products from some of the sites we link to, we may earn a small share of the revenue.
How Much Can I Save With the Trendspider Coupon?
- The TrendSpider coupon code DTDZ15 will save you 15% on your next purchase. The promotion is valid for any TrendSpider products and subscriptions. Below the order form of this smart trading software, you will see the text âhave a coupon?â Click on it and type DTDZ15 to receive the 15% discount.
How Much Does Trendspider Cost?
- TrendSpider is available in three different payment plans. The Premium subscription costs $27/month; Elite - $47/month; Master - $77/month. Yearly subscriptions are also available and will save you 35% compared to the monthly plans. By using our TrendSpider promo code DTDZ15 you will save another 15% on any subscription available.
Is There a Trendspider Discount?
- Use the discount code DTDZ15 to get a discount of 15% on your next subscription. On top of that, yearly subscribers can reduce the cost another 35% by choosing the yearly plan. By doing this, active traders can gain access for as low as $22.95/month.
What is TrendSpider?
TrendSpider is a proprietary stock analysis software and automated technical analysis program for traders. It aims to help you spotting and exploiting trends faster than the average trader and also to help you track indicator and price movements.
- Trendspider was founded in 2016, and its products are innovative and fully customizable. They use smart algorithms to take emotion out of the trading equation.
- Designed by traders, for traders, TrendSpider serves over 4,000 registered members and over 600 paying customers.
- Their offices are located in Chicago, Denver, India, Russia, and Ukraine.
- Customizable automated Technical Analysis and dynamic price alerts are the core components. Trading education takes place by video and via in-depth blog posts.
TrendSpider makes tremendous progress by developing great new innovations for traders. The brand new Raindrop Chart is one of the most innovative functionality they came up with. Today TrendSpider announced, that they now support 150+ Crypto Exchanges and 6,000+ Crypto Assets. That's amazing, and on top of that, unique things like
- Instant backtesting functionality
- Alphatrends aVWAPcan be applied to all charts.
TrendSpider Review: Features
TrendSpider already provides features that other tools don't. Their focus is to help you with Technical Analysis by complementing what you usually do by hand. The algorithm allows you to complement your drawings and spur ideas you may not have thought of.
Trend Spider algorithm makes its decisions using data sets and facts trading stocks. This way, you can use price levels measured quantifiably rather than second-guessing and seeing your bias painted on the chart. Even more significant is the time you save.
With TrendSpider's tools, the charting platform automates Technical Analysis for traders. It speeds up your analysis for stocks and:
- draws trendlines,
- calculates and draws Fibonacci retracements, as well as
- detects and highlights over 40 candlestick formations with mathematical precision.
The benefit? You're able to remove bias and emotion from the trading equation. A Doji will be a Doji. A breakout will be a breakout. What's most important, though? Speed.
Every trader knows, to profit in the market, you need to be fast. A second's delay is the difference between a profitable opportunity and an opportunity missed.
TrendSpider Review: Raindrop Charts
Never heard of this price chart type before? That's because this is a brand new kind of visualization, developed for traders as an alternative to a classic candlestick pattern. It was designed to provide an entirely new perspective when looking at a chart.
It can be used for time frame analysis and it a great alternative to traditional setups like candlestick charts, or bar charts with bollinger bands. Instead of standard Open, High, Low and Close prices, Trend Spider now also considers the price development and the VWAP. Have a look at the graph below (source trendspider.com)
Besides the tendency of the price development during a given period (red candle, green candle, Doji), you now have a volume profile included. The pro? Look at the section "F" above between 11:00 and 11:30. Yes, the candlestick itself tells you a decent story, a strong green candle closing near the high.
The raindrops tell the same story, but add information about the volume profile of the period. You can see that the end of the period was characterized by heavy volume. This is a bullish sign and triggers signals in a different way than candlesticks and other platforms do.
Breakouts, Price Touch and Bounce Setups
TrendSpider offers automated breakout detection and alerts for all supported markets. So you will know when an asset breaks through resistance. A breakthrough research is easy to implement and my advice for a beginner is to use variety of trading signals and to test them with the integrated backtesting module. You can even set up customizable watchlists with a smart alert system. Breakout, price touch, and bounce setup detection are available.
The Heatmap - Level 2 simplified
Furthermore, you also receive detailed information through the proprietary heatmap. Here, the program color codes current and historical order book support and resistance levels and that's another advantage compared to other tools.
Automated Trendline Analysis with Trendspider
Trendspider ranks the strength of both long-term and short-term trends. Automatic trendlines are plotted on the chart. There many individual settings available.
Multi Time-Frame Analysis
This is pretty cool, actually. With multi-timeframe analysis you can overlay:
- Indicator values and
- Candlestick Patterns from other time frames.
Basic Chart Analysis
Do you like to a specific candlestick pattern? Do you wish to plot trend lines automatically? Do you want to apply basic technical analysis on price charts? With this web-based software, all of this is possible. Now, let's proceed with the Trend Spider review by taking a closer look at the strategy backtesting ,and customization options.
TrendSpider Review - Strategy Backtesting
TrendSpider's backtesting framework is an exciting feature to perform backtests. You can backtest on timeframes from 1-minute, and daily to monthly charts. This can be done with confidence for many financial markets and assets.
Keep in mind that it does only the basics. More advanced backtests are available via NinjaTrader. But in NinjaTrader you have to write code in C#.
You can also backtest your trading strategies in high speed via Trade Ideas without any coding knowledge. Trade Ideas' backtest engine acts on tick data and is faster than many other tools I know.
Anyway, having a backtesting tool makes TrendSpider even more exciting. It is included in all packages. But the TrendsSpider Standard package includes only ten tests per month! I plan to test this feature more intensively in the next few weeks and will update the TrendSpider review accordingly.
Other Trendspider Features
- Enterprise-grade speed and reliability with automated charting features
- Fully customizable analysis rules that can be tailored to your specific trading style
- Smart and custom watchlists so you never miss a trading opportunity
- Customizable interface themes with different graphics and visual templates
- Sync dynamic alerts using email or SMS notifications
- Technical analysis with trend lines, support and resistance, and technical patterns
- Quiet hours when you don't want to be bothered with price alerts
The charting platform also offers sensitivity control for trendline and indicator alerts by using dedicated data sets and filters. When moving averages cross, or other technical analysis based things are triggered, you can get notified about it with an alert.
Here, you can select how close an asset price needs to get to a selected indicator before you receive a price alert. It's a valuable tool because trendlines often don't appear as they do in a general sense. While visual patterns are similar, they don't precisely mirror the pattern you're trying to spot.
The TrendSpider Advantage
TrendSpider is an advanced technical analysis charting software that helps achieve trading success with customizable alerts, charts, and multi-timeframe analysis. Its made for trading stocks based on technical analysis. It is a web-based platform, and the advantage is that you can access it from everywhere. The disadvantage is that a web-based platform is usually a bit slower compared to software solutions.
For example, my favorite stock screener is Trade Ideas. Trade Ideas is lightning fast, and I can scan the market for every setup and pattern I like. It's available as a web-based and local installed trading software version. Trade Ideas also has an integrated paper trading account. Trades can be executed without any risk.
That's because the app is faster, and milliseconds for scanner alerts can make a difference for a day trader. While TrendSpider is a perfect choice for swing-traders, Trade Ideas remains the favorite for day trading. What would be a review without a detailed analysis of the costs? As we will see in the Trendspider subscription section of the TrendSpider review, the costs are fair for what you get.
Plans | Costs | Pricing
TrendSpider belongs to the few great analysis tools available and recently adjusted their whole pricing scheme. Before, there was a difference between the markets you subscribe to. Now the pricing options are more simplified and come with a crystal clear pricing structure.
The first diversifier is now the difference between monthly, quarterly, and annual subscriptions. The monthly subscription starts at $14 for Standard. Premium costs $39/month, Elite $69/month, and Master $119 per month.When you subscribe on an annual basis, then you save up to 35%.
Both compared to the month-by-month subscription. Like many providers, the longer you sign up, the higher the savings. The month-by-month subscription is a good starting point until you are 100% convinced that you like to use TrendSpider longer term.
- $132 for Standard,
- $324 for Premium,
- $564 per year for Elite, and
- $924 per year for Master.
Now, let's proceed with the TrendSpider review taking a closer look at the coupons, and promo codes.
Free Trial | Promo Code
I kindly asked them to provide a TrendSpider coupon for readers of this TrendSpider review. I'm glad that they have agreed to my request. For a limited time, you can use my coupon DTDZ15 under "payment info" on the order page to save 15% immediately.
Test Trendspider for Free
TrendSpider offers a 7-day trial. I don't know for how long, but right now, you can test TrendSpider for free for seven days. You can cancel your subscription at any time during the 7-day period.
You're able to get access to the full version of the product to assess its validity under real market conditions. And do so with little out-of-pocket costs in the process. TrendSpider provides you smart trading tool functionalities at a reasonable price.
Keep in mind that after seven days, you will be charged for the subscription period you have chosen.
- Founded: 2016
- Number of members: 4,000+
- Company address check: 2028 E. Ben White Blvd. #240-2010 Austin, Texas 78741
- Test drive: 7-days for all three of its subscription plans
- Alternative product reviews: Scanz Review
- Free resources: TrendSpider Trading Blog, TrendSpider YouTube Channel, TrendSpider Twitter Account
- Coupons and promo codes: 32% off the first 12-months of your first TrendSpider subscription plan via annual payment. Plus, by using my TrendSpider coupon, you save 15% off right away.
- Money back guarantee: No
- Price range: $14 (monthly) to $828 (yearly plan)
Who is TrendSpider Best For?
TrendSpider's software is best for traders looking for real time data, and alerts within a modern trading tool. Automated charting and technical indicators like exponential averages make it easy to work with it. Dynamic price action alerts are easy to use.
You can choose to run the program fully automated and let its algorithms make decisions for you. You can also customize the settings and give yourself full control while the program enhances your skillset in the background. You can also use TrendSpider the traditional way.
As a charting tool where you insert your trendlines, and indicators yourself. Keep in mind that even fully automated trading of stocks needs a trader sitting in front of the trading computer at any time when an alert comes in. And you should never trade black box strategies. The automated trendline, Fibonacci retracements, and candlestick identification can save you time. Other TrendSpider reviews are also positive on this and they are listed on their website.
TrendSpider Review Summary
TrendSpider is a valuable analysis software and chart platform with various timeframes, and tools with an alert system. The ability to trade Forex and ETFs is not given by using TrendSpider, but stock traders will be thankful having such a powerful tool at their hands.
They don't make any outlandish promises and offer a fair pricing structure. They do not just repeat all the standard charting features and indicators, like range charts, and candlestick charts that so many other firms like TradingView and Finviz already provide. Instead, top functionalities like automated trendlines with market intelligence get implemented at a top price.
That's great for traders learning curve and the overall trading tool market. The more competitive the landscape receives, the better for a trader and investor. Their integration of market intelligence-based algorithms does not go that far like the market-leading stock screener. Also, they currently do not use the original NASDAQ, and NYSE tick-data like Trade Ideas does. But that's okay for those looking for a useful trading platform to analyze and invest in the stock markets. Day traders consider Trade Ideas.
TrendSpider already supports:
- price charts with over 40 candlestick patterns,
- dynamic price action alerts,
- automated price gap detection,
- advanced Fibonacci retracements detection,
- Watch lists,
- Technical indicators like moving averages and
- as well as more software benefits than we can name.
One real disadvantage I see is that horizontal trendlines are not supported. Day traders love them, and it would improve the platform. Trial periods speak to authenticity. TrendSpider passes the test in the review with the ability for a free trial.
Make sure to have the time to test every feature, data source, and trading system during the trial period as excessive as possible.
In addition, TrendSpider software tools helps you to analyze your favorite stocks and ETFs with just a few mouse clicks. Their innovative analysis tool is something users will fall in love with. The community is like the one at Black Box Stocks relatively active, and as a customer, you will appreciate the customer support via phone.
- TrendSpider goes a step further compared to ordinary charting software solutions. A fast backtesting engine, new charting functionalities, and automated alerts are just a few features you can expect.