Stock Rover is a robust stock analysis and research website that enables you to analyze company data, connect your brokerage account, accomplish rebalancing, screen various asset classes and discover investment opportunities. The research platform offers a free plan and different paid subscription options. Let’s look at the specific features to evaluate how valuable the tool is to help plan your investments.
About Stock Rover
Stock Rover was founded in 2008 by software engineers and private investors Howard Reisman and Andrew Martin. In search of better technologies to conduct stock analysis regularly for personal investment, they eventually developed a highly sophisticated and powerful stock research platform and stock screener.
The goal was to provide a comprehensive financial workstation to perform fundamental and technical analysis on investable securities. Today, it is an excellent analysis platform with optimized tools accessible to investors and financial professionals, with 1,000+ brokerage account integrations, research reports, and charting.
The Stock Rover platform is designed for long-term investors. It goes the extra mile to provide more fundamental metrics than just market capitalization, earnings per share, and P/E ratio for your analysis. Instead, you can scan more than 650 financial metrics and an extensive database of historical data.
There are more than 130 pre-build scans and investment strategy analysis methods implemented within the investment research platform. The nice thing about the Stock Rover scans is that you can adjust the pre-build scans according to your preferences. You can add new filters or change filter values.
Scanning for stocks is only one part of Stock Rover. You can also scan through thousands of ETFs. You can search and sort by Morningstar Ratings, expense ratio and sectors, analyst ratings and more.
And if even this is not enough, you can go one step further by leveraging the work of famous investing gurus like Benjamin Graham, Joel Greenblatt and Peter Lynch with the implemented guru metrics. In addition, momentum screeners, Novy-Marx Quality, Magic Formula and other scans are available in the screener library.
Finally, custom formulas make the Stock Rover stock screener functionalities complete.
Stock and ETF Comparison
Scanning for specific criteria and fundamental metrics is the first step in investment research. But the capability to compare the best results, stocks, and ETFs makes investment decisions even smarter.
Side-by-side ETF and stock comparisons are possible with just a few mouse clicks. The table functionality is one of the core features, and it is like opening Sheets or Excel. Stock Rover takes care of reliable data, and you can sort, combine and compare based on your preference. The premium subscription allows you to sort and filter. You can use various colors, add comments and refresh the data with a click.
The rows are typically chosen stocks that can be imported from integrated indices like S&P500 or your watchlists. The columns can be defined based on your preference. You can add growth figures, valuation numbers, momentum values, dividends and much more. This is entirely flexible, and you can save your favorite screeners.
Looking at plain tables is not everyone’s preference, which leads us to the insights functionality. You can review your favorite stock, and all financial data, comparisons, valuation metrics and other details can be visualized on one page mixed with graphs, tables and descriptions.
You can connect multiple brokerage accounts to your Stock Rover dashboard to visualize, analyze and manage all of them from one hub (over 1,000 brokers are supported).
You can compare the performance of each portfolio by return rates per period, you can benchmark your portfolio performance to key indices like the S&P 500. You can set up automatic portfolio tracking reporting.
If you actively rebalance your portfolios, Stock Rover helps you with this as well. You can define the desired balance at a position and sector level. As a result, Stock Rover informs you once your portfolio is imbalanced. Also, things like Price/Earnings, aggregate growth rate, and other metrics can be added to your trade planning facility.
You can also compare your current asset performance per portfolio with virtual portfolios and planned trades.
Finally, Stock Rover subscribers can add alerts to specific situations. Such alerts can be things like particular price per share levels, daily changes, technical indicator relations, cash flow, and P/E ratio boundaries. Once an alert triggers, you get notified via email.
The integrated charting feature enables you as a trader and investor to visualize the performance of a stock along with some technical indicators like the Exponential Moving Average, Bollinger Bands, Relative Strength Index and the Moving Average Convergence Divergence.
You can visualize the price per share via a line chart or candlestick chart. A pretty nice feature within the stock charting functionality is the notification about earnings surprise events. Such events often cause considerable price gaps to the upside or downside if the analyst consensus gets heavily beaten or disappointing. Stock Rover shows that info within the chart, including the details about the earnings surprise.
One more thing where Stock Rover offers more than competitors is fundamental data charting. Instead of visualizing just the price, you can also visualize the timeline for fundamentals like Price/Earnings and your portfolio value. This way, you can discover correlations by looking at your chart.
Let’s say you want to see if the Price/Earnings or one of the other 650+ financial metrics correlate with the price per share. Just apply both things to one chart, and you will see it before you. You can print or save it for later reference. That’s a great feature for long-term investors.
Investment Research Reports
The Stock Rover Investment Research Reports are one of a kind. It is a feature introduced in 2020 where users can export all financial values with graphs, tables, stock ratings and details in a PDF file (8 pages long with all insights). All values are calculated instantly once the report is created. You can download the PDF files for later reference.
The Research Reports are not included in the Stock Rover subscription. The functionality can be purchased as an add-on for a low additional subscription price. This feature alone is worth it for any investor to consider a Stock Rover subscription.
Free vs Essential vs Premium Plans
As an investor and trader, you want to pay as little as possible to keep the return on capital as high as possible. The good news is that Stock Rover offers its product competitively.
- Free Plan: The free plan provides access to the most rudimentary functionalities. The free membership includes data on over 8,500 North American equities, over 4,000 ETFs, and 40,000 mutual funds.
- Essentials Plan: The Stock Rover Essentials plan comes with 260+ financial metrics, and includes 5 years of historical data. In addition, features like brokerage integration and access to the guru portfolios are available. The retail price is $7.99/month, $79.99/year, or $139.99 for 2 years.
- Premium Plan: The premium plan comes with even 350+ financial metrics and 10+ years of historical financial data. ETF screening and stock screening functionalities are added to this subscription type. The retail price is $17.99/month, $179.99/year, or $319.99 for 2 years.
- Premium Plus Plan: The Stock Rover Premium Plus plan provides full access to all features, which include 650+ financial metrics, full historical data, ratings, equation screening, 180+ ETFs screening metrics, scoring, ratio charts, and priority support and customer service. The retail price of the Stock Rover Premium Plus plan is $27.99 per month, $279.99/year or $479.99 for 2 years.
- Stock Rover’s Research Reports: If you are an investor and stocks are your investment focus, then the Research Reports are an excellent choice. If you subscribe to Stock Rover with an annual or two-year plan, the Research Reports cost an additional $49.99 annually. If you subscribe to another plan to Stock Rover, the cost for the Research Reports is $99.99 per year. That also means that you can sign up for the free plan and you add the Stock Rover Research Reports for $99.99 per year.
Free Trial | Promo Code
The best way to get started with Stock Rover is the 14 day free trial.
There are two reasons for this:
- The free trial provides full access to all functionalities and features similar to the Premium Plus plan. This way, you can test everything without any payment.
- And here comes a pro tip to all of you who want to save 25%. You can subscribe for the free trial, then you wait about 7 to 10 days, and you will receive a 25% discount during the trial period.
Stock Rover Review Summary
The Stock Rover platform is an excellent tool for investors focusing on North American stocks, exchange-traded funds, and mutual funds.
Overall, The Stock Rover platform is a great research tool with a great user interface, comprehensive data, technical analysis capabilities and portfolio analysis and brokerage account integration.
The 14-day free trial of the “Premium Plus” membership is the best option to find out if the tool meets your requirements perfectly.
How To Get Started
For new users, the handling of this powerful stock research platform should be fast and intuitive. Thus, the start page or “dashboard view” presents a clear graphic design with the usual sidebar navigation.
First, a comprehensive overview of the market in clearly structured blocks is a good starting point: starting at the top left with the performance figures for a portfolio, alongside those prominent indices and other markets.
Market Movers and Sector Performance
Underneath, the system lists the “Market Movers” and” Sector Performance” in two blocks.
On the left, the user will find the “most traded” as well as “winners” and “losers” by percentage. The table to the right shows gains and losses for individual sectors after 5 days and positioning within a 25-week range.
The lower part of the dashboard page is dedicated to “Portfolio Charting,” where the development of one’s own or proposed portfolio is shown in charts based on key figures (for example, “dividend-adjusted yield” or “performance”).
Performance and Comparisons for Stocks and ETFs
Below is a list of the performance after further time comparisons and an overview of the portfolio positions of the fundamental analysis platform.
The well-structured sidebar navigation allows you to quickly reach any function, either via the sidebar navigation or via an additional column on the left in the main content area.
In addition, the menu contents in the “Main Content” area are clearly arranged using a single or multiple-column window (“Table Displays”) with tables and charts to be customized or expanded.
Quotes and Portfolios
In addition to a complete and up-to-date market and news overview, the menu items Quotes, Indices, Portfolios, Watchlists and Sreener provide comprehensive data on the subject of Table Displays. Besides, users can quickly access the tables, charts, insight (facts, key figures, analyzes, news) and a general overview (“All”) via the “Layouts” topic.
The menu items for the “Portfolio Tools” are Brokerage Connection, Portfolio Analytics, Rebalancing and Correlation.
Analyst Ratings and Earnings
Among the exclusive features of Stock Rover under the menu “More Goodies” are the following: Stock Rover Ratings, Metric Browsers, Ideas, Earnings Calendar, Alerts and a Stock Rover library for stocks and ETFs.
Financial Metrics and Data
With such a wide variety of services and functions, only a selection of the most exciting offers for beginners and advanced users will be shown here:
- Comprehensive information on over 10,000 North American stocks
- Coverage of over 3,000 ETFs and 40,000 investment funds
- Robust platform and flexible chart functions
- What happens, pages about markets, stocks, ETFs, bonds and commodities
- Daily analyst reviews with analyst rankings
- Comprehensive and flexible income calendar
- Detailed market news and news about individual stocks
- Web application works on any device.
Membership Data Review
These features are staggered depending on user membership
- From 260 additional metrics to a total of more than 650
- Hundreds of presentable financial ratios
- Custom metrics integrated into the platform
- Up to 10 years of detailed financial history
- ETF and fund comparison data
- Classified stock screening criteria with historical data and custom equations
- Data export
- ETF screening platform
Stock Rover’s special functions complete the offer for professional use:
- Ability to assemble multiple metrics
- Automatic data update
- Advanced alerts with indices, portfolio management, and watchlist alerts
- Broker integration for automatically synchronizing portfolios with the dashboard
- Ideas Panel with Weekly Screeners and additional investment ideas and articles
- Detailed portfolio analysis
- Correlation analysis
- Margin of Safety
- Tools for trade planning and balance
- Multi-monitor support and removable windows
- Integrated commentary and research notes
- Ad-free experience
- Trader and investor support with priority via email
- Stock ratings
- Portfolio health analysis
- Much higher data limits – Broker connections, Portfolio, Watchlists, Screeners and many more